Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stretching Boundaries.

Here at Providence I have had the opportunity to work in different areas of our ministry. One day I am working in the school going through inventory and the next day I could be working in our office. I love that each day I am able to experience La Providencia from a different standpoint. This week has been one of those weeks where you work with a new set of people in an unfamiliar area, doing unfamiliar work. I have had a week of learning and I am learning a lot! I have spent this last week working in our Store Providence in a box. I have been sorting through boxes looking for clothing that can be used by families in our local Aguas Del Padre area. I say that this week is a learning week because I am working in our bodega and I am constantly learning how to do the tasks I have been asked to do. I have gone from working in the office where I am comfortable to the bodega where I am getting my hands dirty working with metal and material of that sort. I have had a blast watching my co-workers build our new equipment for the Academia La Providencia playground. They have been working hard bending, welding, and cutting to make an amazing playground to let our students run around and play. It has been great getting to stretch my boundaries and really get to know all of our staff members. While working in the bodega I have been able to bridge the gap between working with some guys I didn’t really know to actually having relationships and being able to call my co-workers friends. Not only have I been able to get to know more of my staff members, I have been able to spend time and talk with families that come in to get clothes. Every day I have been given the chance to make a relationship with the person that walks through the door, to really listen and learn from the people we are serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment